Minutes of the Special Council Meeting held in the Council Chamber, Braeside Avenue, Ringwood, on Monday 8 April 2019 at 7:30pm.
Cr Rob Steane (Mayor) Wyreena Ward
Cr Kylie Spears (Deputy Mayor) Arrabri Ward
Cr Tony Dib, JP Arrabri Ward
Cr Paul Macdonald Arrabri Ward
Cr Mike Symon Mullum Ward
Cr Nora Lamont Mullum Ward
Cr Samantha Mazzuchelli Mullum Ward
Cr Marijke Graham Wyreena Ward
Cr Tasa Damante Wyreena Ward
Steve Kozlowski Chief Executive Officer
Marianne Di Giallonardo Director Corporate Services
Grant Meyer Acting Director Strategy & Community
Adam Todorov Director Operations, Assets & Leisure
Andrew Fuaux Director Development & Amenity
Stephen Onans Team Leader Governance
The Chief Executive Officer read the following Statement of Recording -
“Ladies & Gentlemen - Please note that this meeting is being recorded and streamed live on the internet. All care is taken to maintain your privacy; however, as a visitor in the public gallery, your presence may be recorded.”
The prayer was read by Pastor Harley Kitchen, Ringwood Church of Christ.
The Acknowledgement of Country was read by the Mayor.
Declaration of Interests
PROPOSED BUDGET 2019/20 ITEM 1
Moved Cr Symon, Seconded Cr Dib 35/19
1. provisionally endorses the DRAFT COUNCIL PLAN 2017-2021 (2019/20 UPDATE) AND PROPOSED BUDGET 2019/20, THAT HAVE BEEN PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTIONS 125 AND 127 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989
2. AUTHORISEs THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO GIVE PUBLIC NOTICE OF THE PREPARATION OF THE PROPOSED PLAN AND BUDGET
3. authorises the release of the DRAFT COUNCIL PLAN 2017-2021 (2019/20 UPDATE) AND PROPOSED BUDGET 2019/20 on public exhibition from 11 APRIL 2019 to 10 MAY 2019 AND receive SUBMISSIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 223 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989
4. APPOINTs A COMMITTEE OF COUNCILLORS COMPRISING COUNCILLORS Marijke Graham, rob steane and tony dib TO CONSIDER ANY SUBMISSIONS AND HEAR FROM ANY PERSON/S WHO HAS/HAVE REQUESTED TO BE HEARD IN SUPPORT OF THEIR SUBMISSIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 223 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989
5. DETERMINEs THAT SUCH COMMITTEE WILL CONSIDER ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED AT A MEETING TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS ON WEDNESDAY 15 MAY 2019 AT 7.00PM
6. follOWING EXHIBITION AND CONSIDERATION OF ANY SUBMISSIONS received, Council at its meeting to be held on Monday 20 May 2019 at 7:30pm, will consider a report on submissions received to the council plan and/or council budget with a view to adopting both documents
The open forum closed at 7:35pm.