Minutes of the Special Council Meeting held in the Council Chamber, Braeside Avenue, Ringwood, on Monday 9 April 2018 at 7:30pm.
Cr Nora Lamont (Mayor) Mullum Ward
Cr Samantha Marks Mullum Ward
Cr Kylie Spears Arrabri Ward
Cr Paul P Macdonald Arrabri Ward
Cr Tony Dib, JP Arrabri Ward
Cr Marijke Graham Wyreena Ward
Cr Rob Steane Wyreena Ward
Steve Kozlowski Chief Executive Officer
Marianne Di Giallonardo Director Corporate Services
Phil Turner Director Strategy & Community
Adam Todorov Director Operations, Assets & Leisure
Andrew Fuaux Acting Director Development & Amenity
Chloe Messerle Governance Officer
The Chief Executive Officer read the following Statement of Recording -
“Ladies & Gentlemen - Please note that this meeting is being recorded. All care is taken to maintain your privacy; however, as a visitor in the public gallery, your presence may be recorded. Also, unlike State and Federal Government, Local Government is not afforded the benefit of parliamentary privilege, for comments made during meetings that are subsequently determined to be slanderous.”
The prayer was read by Rev Troy Arnott, New Community Ringwood Church.
The Acknowledgement of Country was read by the Mayor.
Cr Mike Symon (Deputy Mayor) Mullum Ward (Leave of Absence)
Cr Michael M Macdonald Wyreena Ward (Leave of Absence)
Declaration of Interests
PROPOSED BUDGET 2018/19 ITEM 1
Moved Cr Dib, Seconded Cr Marks 38/18
1. provisionally endorses the DRAFT COUNCIL PLAN 2017-2021 (2018/19 UPDATE) AND PROPOSED BUDGET 2018/19, THAT HAVE BEEN PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTIONS 125 AND 127 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989
2. AUTHORISES THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO GIVE PUBLIC NOTICE OF THE PREPARATION OF THE PROPOSED PLAN AND BUDGET
3. authoriseS the release of the DRAFT COUNCIL PLAN 2017-2021 (2018/19 UPDATE) AND PROPOSED BUDGET 2018/19 on public exhibition from 13 APRIL to 11 MAY 2018 AND receive SUBMISSIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 223 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989
4. APPOINTS A COMMITTEE OF COUNCILLORS COMPRISING COUNCILLORS Steane, Spears and marks TO CONSIDER ANY SUBMISSIONS AND HEAR FROM ANY PERSON/S WHO HAS/HAVE REQUESTED TO BE HEARD IN SUPPORT OF THEIR SUBMISSIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 223 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989
5. DETERMINES THAT SUCH COMMITTEE WILL CONSIDER ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED AT A MEETING TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS ON WEDNESDAY 16 MAY 2018 AT 7.30PM
6. follOWING EXHIBITION AND CONSIDERATION OF ANY SUBMISSIONS received, considers adopting THE FINAL COUNCIL PLAN AND/OR aNNUAL BUDGET at its meeting ON MONDAY 21 MAY 2018 AT 7.30PM
Councillors who spoke to the motion – Cr Lamont
The open forum closed at 7:42pm.