Minutes of the Special Statutory Meeting held in the Council Chamber, Braeside Avenue, Ringwood, on Monday 18 April 2016 at 7.15pm.
Cr Natalie Thomas (Mayor) Arrabri Ward
Cr Christina Gleeson Arrabri Ward
Cr Tony Dib, JP Arrabri Ward
Cr Mary-Anne Lowe Mullum Ward
Cr Nora Lamont Mullum Ward
Cr Les Willmott, JP Wyreena Ward
Cr Liam Fitzgerald Wyreena Ward
Cr Rob Steane Wyreena Ward
Steve Kozlowski Chief Executive Officer
Marianne Di Giallonardo Director Corporate Services
Phil Turner Director Planning & Community
Trevor Welsh Director Operations, Infrastructure & Leisure
Stephen Onans Team Leader Governance
Peter Tully Governance Advisor
The prayer was read by Cr Lamont
The Acknowledgement of Country was read by the Mayor.
Cr Samantha Marks Mullum Ward
Moved Cr Willmott, Seconded Cr Dib 35/16
THAT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 76C OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989 (THE ACT), MAROONDAH CITY COUNCIL
1. NOTES IT HAS REVIEWED THE COUNCILLOR CODE OF CONDUCT
2. ENDORSES THE CHANGES TO THE CODE OF CONDUCT THAT WERE MANDATED PRIMARILY BY RECENT LEGISLATIVE AMENDMENTS TO THE ACT
3. ADOPTS THE CODE AS ATTACHED TO THE REPORT OF THE DIRECTOR CORPORATE SERVICES AND PRESENTED TO THE SPECIAL MEETING OF COUNCIL HELD ON 18 APRIL 2016
4. NOTES THAT COUNCILLORS ARE TO INDICATE THEIR COMMITMENT TO THE CODE BY SIGNING A COPY OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT DATED APRIL 2016
5. FURTHER NOTES COUNCILLORS ARE TO MAKE AN INDIVIDUAL DECLARATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE ACT – SECTIONS 76C AND 63 - THAT THEY HAVE READ THE CODE AND WILL ABIDE BY IT; AND SUCH DECLARATION TO BE IN WRITING, MADE BEFORE AND WITNESSED BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
DECLARATION BY INDIVIDUAL COUNCILLORS
Cr Thomas, Dib, Fitzgerald, Gleeson, Lamont, Lowe, Steane and Willmott made a written declaration witnessed by the Chief Executive Officer.
The open forum closed at 7.24pm.